The Missions and Evangelism Committee of St. Paul’s Episcopal Church is working with a basic approach to outreach ministries that covers four basic geographical categories:
In support of the ministries listed below, The Missions and Evangelism Prayer Concern of the Week is listed in the Sunday church bulletin. Each week provides a focus for our collective and individual prayers.
• Mom’s House
St. Paul’s Episcopal Church holds a holiday bazaar in November of each year. The Women of St. Paul’s run the event, providing homemade baked goods, handmade crafts, books, “Attic Treasures,” and lunch for purchase by the community. This year, the event will be held on November 2, from 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., and the women have elected to donate the proceeds to Mom’s House, Phoenixville, (https://www.momshouse-phoenixville.org/). Mom’s House provides childcare for single moms – and a few dads – who want to return to school and complete their education. The children receive a free breakfast and lunch each day and Mom’s House also provides needed supplies, such as diapers. the Women of St. Paul’s feel this organization provides an important service in our community and are glad to help support their mission. You can show your support for Mom’s House this year by joining them on November 2, 2019, at 126 Black Rock Road, Oaks, PA 19456-0404
• Project Outreach
Serves Spring-Ford Area School District Food collected weekly on Sundays is delivered to the food pantry in Royersford. Collections of turkeys are undertaken at Thanksgiving and Christmas. Sixty children received Christmas gifts from our Angel Tree project.
• Genesis Pregnancy Care Center, Pottstown (www.genpcc.org)
Financial support plus an annual Baby Shower held in May to collect baby items.
• St. John’s Soup Kitchen, Norristown (www.stjohnsnorristown.org)
We provide individual meals made by parishioners, distributed at the kitchen. Pastries, donated by Starbucks, are picked up by volunteers for distribution at the kitchen. The “Garden of Eatin” at St. Paul’s, planted and tended by parishioners, provides fresh vegetables for use and distribution at the kitchen. Individual parishioners assist in the preparation and serving of meals at the kitchen.
• Black Rock Volunteer Fire Company (brvfc.org)
• The Clinic, Phoenixville (www.theclinic.org)
• St. Mary’s Franciscan Shelter, Phoenixville
Occasional provision of resources.
• Episcopal Church Services/St. Barnabas Mission (www.ecs1870.org)
• Young Life Ministry (www.wps.younglife.org)
• Valley Forge Deanery of the Episcopal Diocese of PA
Financial support and representative participation.
• Diocese of PA Episcopate Assessment, Retired Clergy Assessment, Clergy Financial Assistance Program (www.diopa.org)
• Trinity School for Ministry in Ambridge, PA (www.tsm.edu)
• American Anglican Council (www.americananglican.org)
• Diocese of Tabora, Tanzania
Financial support. Missions trip of 11 people in 2006 to assist with a construction project. Rector represented parish at 2009 celebration in Tabora. Receiving Bishop Makaya and other visitors from Tabora here at St. Paul’s.
• St. Philip’s Theological College, Tanzania (stphilipstz.webs.com)
General financial support and sponsorship of individual students.
• Kasulu Bible College, Tanzania
• Uganda Christian University Partnership (www.UgandaPartners.org)
• World Vision (www.worldvision.org)
Financial support through our annual Lenten Love Loaves program.
• South American Missionary Society (www.sams-usa.org)
• San Lucas School for children in Arequipa, Peru
Financial support for construction project.
• Heifer Project International (www.heifer.org)
Financial support from our weekly parish birthday jar offerings.
• New Wineskins for Global Mission (www.newwineskins.org)